Well I guess all refashions can’t be winners…
I got this pattern a while ago from a thrift store and I thought it would be just perfect for Arizona’s blistering summers.
I was inspired by Lily from The House of Mirth to try to look at crazy suit sets in a new light. So I had picked up this number a week ago and the print is cute and its a nice light cotton.
I tried to shortcut the process by just taking in the elastic skirt and cutting the straps and top from the jacket and then sewing them together. However I failed to realize this would eliminate the stretch of my elastic waist. So the dress is nearly impossible to squeeze on. Somehow also by small bust feels like is spilling out the sides of the dress. This is a completely new sensation for me and I don’t think one I would like to continue to experience! And like I need yet another issues but the darts just do not hit at a flattering point.
I think at a glance it doesn’t really look terrible but it definitely is not going to see the light of day again.
So its back to the redo pile for this number. I will probably rip off the top half and work with the skirt.
I will definitely try this pattern again tho of course with some adjustments!!
On a side note… Sorry for the lack of posts recently! I actually have been doing a lot of sewing related things including some super big news coming in early June. I cannot wait to tell you all about it!! I also met up with MommyMae. It was really fun and she has like the cutest kids ever!! I’ve never met anyone from the blog before but it was a great experience I will for sure try again!!
May 29, 2010
This entry was posted in Finished Products and tagged Butterick 6610, fail, refashion. Bookmark the permalink.
← And the winner is… Self-Stitched Spetember →