Here’s my second week of sharing the more personal side of me. I was so grateful for all of the sweet comments last week. It’s just nice to know that other people struggle with the same issues. It seems to me that no one is safe from feeling insecure at some point in life.
But this week was pretty good! I got my test results back and everything was okay. I will need to have tests done fairly often but as of now you can’t get rid of me!
The job I have involves working with mostly elderly people or those who are under hospice care. Obviously this means that I see people in the end stages of their lives everyday. I bond with them and I love to hear their life stories, hear their dreams and hopes. Sometimes they even tell me about the regrets they have in life. This happened with a patient this week, she told me that she never regretted anything she did, only the things she didn’t do. So I took a lot of time to think about what I want out of my life and its becoming clear that I want so much more!
As I worked on my goals for the week and after reading all the nice things my readers had to say (thanks yet again!) I realized that I have a lot going for me and I certainly haven’t been giving myself enough credit.
Since this segment is kind of new I think I will say that each week I will go over last weeks goals and then make a new list for the upcoming week. Now last week’s goals had a bit of a theme but this isn’t always going to be the case. I just want to push myself to start doing the things I want to do but have just never actually done! I mean what the heck am I waiting for?
I ended up being quite busy with work this week but I did manage to take some me time and it was very refreshing!
So last week’s goals were.
- Go one a one woman road trip. Maybe a half day trip with a little hike will relax me. Like I said, work turned out to be crazy busy as we had the grand reopening of our office so I didn’t have the time for a long adventure so instead I took some me time and pampered myself with a long bubble bath and watched “Love in the Afternoon” (yes in the tub). It was lovely to say the least!
- Check out the art museum. I used to go almost every week whether or not I had someone to go with me and I miss slapping on my headphones and perusing the art. I went and it was unbelievably inspiring and relaxing.
- Go see a movie solo. I saw “Water for Elephants” and it was so much better than I anticipated. I’m always wary when one of my favorite books is turned into a movie. It was also kind of nice not having to share my sour patch kids!
This week’s goals
- Spend some time outdoors. For some odd reason the weather is actually staying much cooler than usual for Arizona so I better enjoy it while I can.
- Try a new thrift or vintage store. One of my birthday goals was to do some more exploring in my own state so time to get on that huh? Any suggestions in the Phoenix area?
- Try 2 new recipes. I’m so horrible about cooking and this is something I’d like to change!
On a related note I’ve been very inspired by Sometimes Sweet’s 8 Weeks to a Better Me challenges which you should check out!
What is something that you have always wanted to do or something you want out of life that you have yet to get started on? And what’s holding you back??May 15, 2011
This entry was posted in Life. Bookmark the permalink.
← Time It Tuesday Music Mondays – Little Bit →